Jess' Blog (0004Assignment1)

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

week 4

Data
Factual information used as a basis for reasoning, facts and statistics used for reference or analysis
Information
The communication or reception of knowledge or intelligence
Knowledge
The fact or condition of knowing something with familiarity gained through experience or association
(Found on www.onelook.com)

These are great organisations that you will find almost anything that you want. Having these resources available on the net makes it convenient, cheep, and can do it any time of the day or night in the comfort of your own home.

www.sensis.com
This site is directed mainly at engineers you can apply for jobs “Sensis Corporation's Purpose is to provide distinctively elegant, innovative technical solutions in the service of humanity”
www.whitepages.com
This has everything that you would normally find in the white pages just an online version
http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au
On this website you can write in where you are and the quickest way to get to where you want. It also gives you timetables of bus and train times and where they go. This is handy for someone like me who always gets lost and not so good at finding places via a street directory

http://www.abs.gov.au/
The Australian beuro of statistics has every statistic you need including population the most dangerous sport anything this is good for any student when on this site you can find anything that you want to
http://www.theage.com.au/
The age is an online newspaper telling you the most recent of events
http://www.mycareer.com.au/
Here you can find your perfect job that is available all you do is write in location, preferred amount of pay and what you would like to do and it comes up with every match that will suit you

Today I learned what data information and knowledge mean. I also found out 6 fascinating placed to find them on the Internet. I was never very good at understanding how the Internet worked but today I learned how to get somewhere via bus train and how many meters it would take to walk. I found out how to find out details about someone. I found out a great place in which I can find my perfect job. I learned that you don’t have to buy the newspaper you can read all about it on the web. I found a great place to find every kind of statistic that you want. The Internet is really filled with a lot of informational knowledge that I can use everyday, and with these sites as a start I can start not to be afraid of the net or spent ages trying to find what I want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home